Young gas fitter died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
By Laura Elahi on January 24, 2011
A post mortem examination has shown that a gas fitter could have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Matthew Nixon, age 22, was found dead last month in a flat in Macclesfield. The young gas fitter was installing a new central heating system as part of a renovation project, and is thought to have collapsed while carrying out the work.
Mr Nixon had worked for the Stoke-based contractor, BGC, for six years after leaving school. His boss contacted the police after growing worried when Mr Nixon failed to get in touch with him. He was found later by police slumped in a back bedroom of the vacant property.
Early tests from post mortem examinations show he probably died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) has launched an investigation and are working with Cheshire Police, who are not treating the incident as suspicious.
No related posts.
Published by Laura Elahi on January 24th, 2011